At the foot of lock #3 of the Soulanges Canal
The Pointe-des-Cascades scuba diving basin is now accredited by the FQAS!
Only 40 minutes from Montreal, you will find warm and calm water, a unique heritage landscape, and practical facilities: picnic tables, a bench for divers, ladders for access to the water, and a changing room.
Toilet, water point and free parking nearby.
Welcome to all certified divers and diving schools!
2023 season update : With the arrival of warm weather, we are opening the 2023 season as of Sunday, April 16! The basin is now ice-free, providing a safe watering hole. Warning: the water temperature is very cold. A wet suit is ideal for this time of year, and is recommended until early June.
Schedule: Accessible during the opening hours of the Park (6am to 11pm).
Obligation to register and pay the access fee. Your certifications and memberships must be in good standing.
The nominal fee of $5 per person allows us to maintain the base and improve its facilities. We count on your collaboration! Applicable to individual divers and training trips supervised by diving schools.
Contact us with any questions!
To register: https: //reservotron.com/parc-du-canal-de-soulanges
- Certified Palm Route (2 fins) by the FQAS
- Water depth: 20 feet
- Attractiveness: heritage lock, artifacts at the bottom of the basin, warm water from mid-June and calm water
- Parking : 61 Chem. du Fleuve, Pointe-des-Cascades, QC J0P 1M0
- Access: from the parking lot, cross the street towards Parc Saint-Pierre, pass the toilet block and turn right on the bike path. The access to the basin will be immediately on your left, at the foot of the Pointe-des-Cascades village lighthouse. (See on Google)
- Site reserved for the practice of scuba diving;
- Fishing and swimming prohibited;
- All divers must have their scuba diving certification;
- Respect the rules and best practices of the FQAS;
- No glass containers allowed;
- Please use the equipment at your disposal properly and leave the site as you found it!