Job offer! Development agent, site and amenities
Yes yes! The Parc du canal de Soulanges’ team is growing!
Through Développement Vaudreuil-Soulanges (DEV), we are looking for a proactive and autonomous person, interested in contributing to a unifying project! Along the 23.5 km of the Soulanges Canal, the Park offers a stimulating challenge for anyone passionate about the outdoors and heritage.
Thanks to the work of the Agent, the park offers quality infrastructures, ensuring the safety of users, a memorable experience and the enhancement of its exceptional heritage. Join the team!
- In collaboration with the general management and the Park’s team, the Agent will plan, coordinate and carry out infrastructure development and maintenance projects for users of the Soulanges Canal Park (cyclists, hikers, paddlers, heritage enthusiasts, etc.)
- Determine needs based on projects (labour, tools, equipment and materials).
- Propose and monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Advise the team and collaborators on laws, regulations and best practices relating to the development of park infrastructure.
- Ensure the price requests.
- Monitor available funding programs and coordinate the filing of grant applications in collaboration with the Park’s director and partners.
- Ensure a sustained physical presence in the park to properly diagnose uses and infrastructure needs.
You may be the one if you have the following profile:
- Have training and/or experience in a relevant discipline: development and maintenance of outdoor sites, landscape architecture, development and urban planning techniques, construction, forestry, engineering, etc.
- Knowledge of standards, laws, regulations governing facilities in public places.
- Knowledge of the outdoors and parks, an asset.
- Conceptual skills, rigor and great resourcefulness.
- Great organizational, decision-making skills and facility for teamwork.
- Manual skills and skills in construction, carpentry-joinery, handling of tools and machinery are assets.
- IT: Office suite, Mapping or graphic editing software, an asset.
- Fluency in French (oral and written).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Boat card, an asset.
- Want to contribute to the influence of your community!
- Permanent position, full-time (35 h), with possible seasonal variations.
- Be available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
- Competitive salary.
- Hybrid workplace – house, office and outdoors (outdoors… along the canal!).
- Benefits of the position: contributing to a historic project, working with a dynamic and motivated team, keeping fit, generous benefits after the probationary period, continuous training, flexible hours, and much more!
Apply for this job
Anyone interested should send their curriculum vitae, by July 10, 2022, by email to:
Parc du canal de Soulanges
*The masculine is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
*Photo credit: Étienne Lamoureux