March 22, 2021
Job offer! Animation coordinator (seasonal job)
Since 2018, DEV has had the mandate to animate and enhance the Soulanges canal in the context of the creation of a regional park. Among the activities set up as part of this mandate, we find a non-motorized boat rental kiosk (kayaks and paddle boards) in the village heart of Coteau-du-Lac, Zen Saturdays at the canal, the organization of various one-off events as well as the management of a brand new website to promote activities on the canal.
DEV is looking for a dynamic and autonomous person who will be responsible for coordinating field activities for the 2021 summer season.
- Assist the project manager in planning activities and events at the canal for the summer of 2021 (communications, promotion, logistics, relations with suppliers and employees, etc.);
- Prepare the kayak kiosk season and ensure the sound management of activities during the weeks of operation;
- Manage the reception of participants and suppliers, the taking of statistics and photos, etc. during entertainment (Zen Saturdays, concerts, nautical events, occasional presence at the kayak kiosk, happy hour, etc.);
- Ensure the complete coordination of certain internal projects (collection of traffic statistics on the cycle path, classification of the website database, etc.);
- Depending on the individual’s profile, contribute to communication tools related to the channel (newsletter, website, blog, etc.);
- Where applicable, be responsible for the telephone line or social media dedicated to the Soulanges channel;
- All other related tasks aimed at assisting DEV in its interventions related to the channel.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a good experience in customer service;
- Have experience in event coordination or project management;
- Demonstrate the following professional attitudes and behaviors: autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, availability, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative and sense of organization;
- Be available to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends;
- Have a good knowledge of the Vaudreuil-Soulanges region and its tourism industry (an asset);
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a car;
- University students and young people under 30 are welcome to apply.
Salary: $ 18 per hour
Schedule: 20 to 30 hours / week, depending on the period
Duration: 16 to 18 weeks (mid-May to mid-September)
Deadline: April 9, 2021
Apply for this job
Anyone interested must send their curriculum vitae, by April 9, 2021, by email to:
DEV Vaudreuil-Soulanges – Soulanges canal project
Animation coordinator position – Soulanges canal
Main photo credit: The art of capturing by Josiane Farand