July 16, 2021
Inauguration of L’Embouchure
After announcing at the end of June the development of an ephemeral summer terrace at the western end of the Soulanges canal, the partners of the Embouchure unveiled the program that will energize the riverside site over the coming weeks.
Four themes could bring together the different activities presented:
- Zen Saturdays: free yoga sessions along the canal, every Saturday, until September 11, between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Serenity at the canal, HARP & SUP at sunset: Mondays July 19 and 26, 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Possibility to rent a boat.
- Meghan Oak: Saturday July 17
- Galiléo, Orchester symphonique de la Vallée-du-Haut-Saint-Laurent, with the three suites of the “ Water Music ”by Handel : Saturday July 24
- Pete Fortier: Saturday July 31
- Marie-Pierre Leduc: July 7 (as part of Nautical Weekends)
- Guillaume Lafond: Friday August 13
- Jay Scott: Saturday August 21
- Denis Miron and Virginie Cummins: Friday August 27
- Laurent Barsalou: Saturday August 28
- Émile Bilodeau: Friday September 3
Capacity is limited for all shows. Only 250 tickets are online.
To register, visit our calendar !
Nautical weekends will be presented on July 24-25, July 31-1 er August as well as August 7 and 8 by the Municipalité des Coteaux and the City of Coteau-du-Lac. Faced with the uncertainty of the directives that awaited the organizers for the summer, the municipalities, which had initiated the Nautical Festival in 2019, decided to burst the event by offering free activities spread over three weekends. Nautical weekends are an opportunity to give the population privileged access to water. Initiation to sailing, towed tube tours (by reservation), floating inflatable games, raft construction, loan of non-motorized boats, waterline demonstration and initiation to slackline, zip line, mini-pedal boats, musical performances on pontoon are only ” an overview of the family offer that will be deployed there. A food truck will also be on site. Details of the program can be found online on the websites of the municipalities concerned.
The summer terrace is the perfect place to present the brewers and winegrowers of Coteau-du-Lac and the region. The 5 @ 7 Fridays Discoveries will effectively allow people to discover our flavors. Moreover, the terrace menu offers at all times, among a wider choice, beers from the Brasserie Bois Blanc and the Microbrasserie des Trois-Lacs, spirits from the Distillerie des Trois-Lacs as well as wines from the Pomona vineyard.
July 23: Bois Blancs Brasserie
July 30: Pomone vineyard
August 6: Trois-Lacs microbrewery
About L’Embouchure | The site, which is a magnificent showcase on the Soulanges canal and Lake Saint-François, offers ephemeral furniture and a summer terrace open from Thursday to Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., until September 4. Following a call for projects, the City of Coteau-du-Lac, the Municipalité des Coteaux, the Coteau-du-Lac Recreation Committee and Développement Vaudreuil-Soulanges have entered into a partnership with the young company Groupe Loisir Suroît to enhance the Thomas-Monro (Coteau-du-Lac) and Louis-Stanislas-Pariseau (Les Coteaux) parks
Source: Press release issued on July 16, 2021
Photo credit: Catherine lauzon