June 28, 2021
Coteau-du-Lac, June 28, 2021 – The City of Coteau-du-Lac, the Municipalité des Coteaux and Développement Vaudreuil-Soulanges are joining forces to revitalize the western mouth of the Soulanges canal by creating an ephemeral space. Indeed, for the summer season, the Thomas-Monro (Coteau-du-Lac) and Louis-Stanislas-Pariseau (Les Coteaux) parks will become “L’embouchure, pointe festive”.
Following a call for projects launched last February, a partnership with the young company Groupe Loisir Suroît will make it possible to animate the park from July 15 to September 4. The site, which is a magnificent showcase on the Soulanges canal and Lake Saint-François, will host a summer terrace which will be open from Thursday to Saturday from 1 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Fun and festive atmosphere | The summer terrace will consist of a refreshment bar whose menu will present a large selection of microbrewery beers and local wines, commercial beers, cocktails with or without alcohol, lemonade as well as ice bars from the company POP Culture. , located in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges region. Colorful ephemeral furniture will dress the site and flower bed games will be available at the kiosk.
Programming | The season at L’Embouchure will be punctuated by events. Musical shows, DJ evenings, happy hours, yoga sessions on “Zen Saturdays”, SUP in the moonlight, SUP-Harp, activities on the water as part of the “Nautical weekends”: the summer will be effervescent on the tip.
Some activities are already confirmed:
- Zen Saturdays: free yoga sessions along the canal, every Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Show by the Galiléo orchestra: the three suites of “Handel’s Water Music”, Saturday July 24 at 5 pm
- Special 5 to 7 of the Bois Blanc Microbrasserie: July 23
- 5 to 7 special from the Microbrasserie des 3 Lacs: August 6
- Yoga-harp with Sérénité Sonore and Lucie Vachon on July 12 at 6 p.m. ($)
- Intimate Harp & SUP concerts with Sérénité Sonore July 19 and 26 at 8 p.m. ($)
- Boat rental (kayak and SUP) with nature discovery kayak Vaudreuil-Soulanges from Saturday July 31
- Nautical weekends: July 24-25, July 31-August 1 and August 7-8
FREE activities on the water or by the water for the whole family, including:
- Initiation to sailing
- Tube tours on the lake
- Introduction to diving
- Loan of kayaks and SUP
- Raft construction and racing
- Floating games
Programming is scalable. Special and themed activities as well as outdoor shows will be added over the weeks.